The arrival of mangoes at the markets officially marks the beginning of summer for me. In fact, I’d go so far as to say if summer was a food, it would be a mango. And while plenty delicious enough to enjoy on their own accord, they go a long way in jazzing up salads. Throw in some prawns and a bed of greens and it’s bound to be a winner.
I’ve also been playing with adding sprouts to my salads lately as they are such a wonderful source of nutrition. Sprouts hold all the elements a plant needs for life and growth, meaning that they pack a nutrient-dense punch of protein, vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Best of all, they’re cheap to buy and you can grow them yourself!
- 6 raw green prawns, tails on
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 2 tbs shredded coconut
- Handful of rocket
- Coriander leaves
- Half a mango, diced
- Sprouts (I used mung bean sprouts)
- Dukkah – Fat Hen Farm Dukkah is my favourite!
- Put the oil in a pan or on a hot plate over medium heat
- Chuck the prawns in a plastic bag with the coconut flour and shredded coconut. Shake it up to coat the prawns. Cook in pan until just cooked through, coconut coating should have a nice golden colour (avoid moving them round too much in the pan or they’ll lose their coating).
- Lay diced mango and sprouts over a bed of rocket, sprinkle over some dukkah and lay the prawns on top.