Lately, whenever I go to the farmers markets with dad he sneaks a cauliflower into the basket. No, he doesn’t have a strange addiction to a particularly bland vegetable. He’s just trying to tell me that he’d really like me to make another batch of cauliflower hummus. It would appear that cauliflower is actually good for something other than cauliflower cheese!
- 1 cauliflower
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- salt & pepper
- dukkah, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and place into oven with garlic and roast for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic and place into food processor with the cauliflower and remaining ingredients and blitz.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of dukkah and a drizzle of olive oil.